FAA Vocal Arts Strand Audition Requirements
All students auditioning for the Vocal strand will need to be prepared to sing the following:
- Vocalises/warm-up exercises to show vocal range
- Pitch Matching
- Director will play two notes on the piano, student will sing notes back on a "loo."
- The first verse of My Country Tis of Thee (MUST be memorized)
- A Sight-Reading excerpt chosen by the director
- 8-measures in length
- Key of C Major (no sharps or flats)
- All step-wise motion (no skips)
- Whole notes/rests, half notes/rests, quarter notes/rests
Sight-Reading Study Resources
One-Minute Sight Singing
One-Minute Sight Singing is a great resource to help you prepare for the sight-reading portion of your audition. Unit 2 in this book is equal to the difficulty level of your audition excerpt.
*Click on the picture to purchase online.